Re: Reply: Photoshop 5 vs. PSP 5

by "robemell" <robemell(at)iaw.com>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:52:34 -0400
 To:  <geoff(at)agrimark.com>,
"Daniel Arvastsson" <sotilas(at)canit.se>
 Cc:  "Greg Tracy" <getracy(at)erols.com>, <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yep!

To a point:

The injury comes from the print media.  Everything high end and perfect.
The enjoyable part comes in using the skills at hand to do as well as you
can to produce the best possible product given the limitations.  The print
industry has spoiled everyone.  A good dose of Photoshop or PhotoPaint will
take care of that.  As long as your expectations are not too high!  Like
1200 dpi min, compared to 72 dpi.  People most injured are those artists
that come from print and  are expecting the same quality on the net.  Aint
going to happen right away!  This is where the transition takes place.  You
can be the best artists on earth but if you can't live with yourself given
the restrictions, you likely need to remain in the traditional setting as
long as possible.

The drop in dpi is so dramatic that it's like culture shock :-)  Oh Well!
Time to improvise :-)