Re: transparent gifs

by "robemell" <robemell(at)iaw.com>

 Date:  Sat, 2 May 1998 09:16:09 -0400
 To:  "susan banta" <sebanta(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Gang:

Have to agree about Front Page.  It ads it's own stuff and edits your
changes.  It also
edits javascript I've installed.  Not fun but I love the graphical
interface.  So I use it to get the pages started and then bring them into
Homesite where I can clean up the code and count on things not being
altered.  I used to use notepad but have moved away from it because it adds
it's own coding marks.  You may find some times that when you bring back a
file from the server that there are a pile of little black boxes in the
coding and it makes it hard to read yet it still functions ok.  This is
notepad coding.  It's a real pain.  That's why I don't use notepad anymore.

I also find that with Front Page, it puts in excessive spaces.  When I bring
my work into homesite everything from Front Page is often doublespaced.  I
eliminate this because it's just another line for the browser to read and
lengthens load time.

My partner is experimenting with WebWeaver right now.  It has a graphical
interface like front page but does not put in the extra coding and validates
itself.  Now that's a dream :-)  Looks like this might be a one stop shop.
Would be nice to work in one program without taking up space on your machine
with three or four.

Rob Mellor
Millenium Studios