Re: Help...

by "CINDY K STANLEY" <STANLEYSUPPORT(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:39:04 -0000
 To:  "Gavin Jones" <gavinj(at)montal.co.uk>,
"HWG-Graphics (E-mail)" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Chuck & Karen" <calow(at)ils.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original

From: Chuck & Karen <calow(at)ils.net>

>If you have MS Word, try creating your heading with text art...it has great
>control of size and shape, colours and 3d settings (shadow, depth,
>perspective).  You can then either copy and paste into any graphics program
>and save the heading as gif/jpg, or you can 'publish' your Word doc to
>html, and grab the file it creates.

Interested in how to copy and paste into "any" graphics program. I tried the
above in Corel Word Perfect, Text Art, and then went to go save it. The file
formats in Corel are not compatible with file formats in PSP 3.0. I saved it
as a wpd, also tried saving it as html, but PSP will not convert this file
format to gif or jpg. Tried to copy and then paste into PSP, but not sure
how to paste what I copied, into PSP. Do I need to open new file first in
PSP and then try pasting or what? I am totally lost. The above solution from
Karen sounded great to me, but has me stumbled. Please elaborate
on this.

Also, saw an option in Corel WP for watermark. How do I convert a watermark
made in Corel to a gif or jpg, so I can use it on the web? Please forgive me
if I sound ridiculous, but have been wondering about this for quite some
time.

TIA,
Cindy