Re: Background question

by "CINDY K STANLEY" <STANLEYSUPPORT(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:52:37 -0000
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Write Now,
Inc." <writer(at)jlc.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
-----Original Message-----
From: Write Now, Inc. <writer(at)jlc.net>
Subject: Background question

>The background has a border built into it. I saved the image and have put
>it into a page - but I am not getting the narrower left strip and the wider
>right side. I am getting a mini version on my page, narrow stripe, wider
>strip, narrow stripe, wider strip, narrow stripe, wider strip, etc. What am
>I doing wrong.

>dana b mackonis

Dana,
First of all, make sure when downloading the background image from a site,
that you first click on the actual background sample, to get a full view of
this particular background. Then, once youre at the new full sized
background page, right click and "save as". Also, make sure your BODY
attributes are called properly, for example:
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" BACKGROUND="grain.gif" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#0000FF"
VLINK="#C0C0C0" ALINK="#FF0000">

I believe your problem may have come from you downloading the sample
background image, instead of clicking on the sample and viewing the full
size background first.

HTH,
Cindy
http://pages.prodigy.net/stanleysupport