Re: Transparency H*ll

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:00:33 -0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Elysia:

There is always the exception but almost every instance of
transparency rejection is an indication that one of the
parameters of the GIF file has been set wrong. Be sure the colors
are set for Exact and not Indexed as an example. This would be
true for all graphics programs, not just PSP.

One way to check this is to try to make it transparent in one of
your other programs such as FrontPage, Canvas-5, PageMill or Web
Image. If they won't do it either, it is for sure that the GIF
has been saved with the "wrong" type of color.

True, there is always the chance that a file has been corrupted
and as I am only but a man, I am quite capable of error but I
know of no way to change a preference that would make GIF's white
instead of transparent. Therefore, I suspect it is something
simple. (One time I worked for nearly an hour before I noticed I
was trying to make a JPG transparent.) Yeah, it gave the office a
good laugh.

Best Wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net

http://www.temercraft.com

>Thanks for everyone who's responded (2) I really appreciate
it...however, I
>seem to have given the wrong impression as to what the problem
is, so I'll
>restate it again *sigh*
>
>In PSP 5.0 --
>
>When I save a .GIF as transparent, then display it on my
webpage, it has a
>white background.  When I'm working with the graphic, I go to my
"set
>transparent color" menu option, set it to the correct color, and
I even
>"proof" it before I save it.  According to what I see in PSP,
the graphic
>is transparent.
>
>Until I load it up in the browser and take a look at it.  It's a
different
>story then, as I said, the background is white instead of
transparent...I

http://members.xoom.com/no_faith/]