Re: Quality

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 02:30:46 -0000
 To:  "Eric J Hoffman" <ehoffman(at)minn.net>,
"rbrooks" <crazybreadstick(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Eric J Hoffman <ehoffman(at)minn.net>
<snip>
>And if you are not aware of the "Web Safe Palette" of 216 colors,
>be sure to read up on it so you understand the implications of
designing
>graphics with more than 256.  (which I do more frequently now as the
average
>reaches 74% of people having their color depth set at 16M or better.)
</snip>

The above is something that I have been interested in recieving some
good solid results. It seems like more and more each day, I run across a
"web surfer" that has no idea that he/she can change their display
settings.

Can anyone verify if the newer computer systems that are out on the
market has the default settings at high color or true color?

Curious,
Cindy Stanley
http://pages.prodigy.net/stanleysupport