Re: Colors and Resolution (was frames or not?)

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:11:26 -0000
 To:  "Larry Steiner" <dls(at)webgraffix.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Larry Steiner <dls(at)webgraffix.com>
>I recently spoke at our local Kiwanis Club re the Internet.
>A couple of the things I emphasized was
>Keep your browser upgraded
>Set your colors at 16 million
>Set your resolution to at least 800X600.
<snip>
>We should also give a short and sweet "How To".
<snip>
>I would encourage all to place this info and any other you
>consider relevant on any sites that is allowed.

I agree entirely. There are way too many people surfing the internet and
have no idea that they are able to boost their colors or change their
screen resolutions. I particularly put a "reminder" on pages that may
have jpegs involved. They look horrid at 256 colors, therefore, the
viewer that is viewing in 256 thinks "gawd, this person makes horrible
graphics".

My .02 cents worth,
Cindy Stanley
http://pages.prodigy.net/stanleysupport