Re: Perhaps this is for HTML, but..

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Jan 1999 03:57:37 -0000
 To:  "Michael Abramovich" <mabram(at)balance.com.au>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
someone queried:
>How am I able to have my image aligned to the top of the page, >without
a 1/2 inch gap of bg showing through.

Cindy Stanley (I) wrote:
> >In your body tag: marginheight="0" topmargin="0"
> >I don't think these above attributes validate through w3c :-(

St�phane Bergeron wrote:
<snip>
> Nope, they won't.  The only way to handle this and validate is
>through CSS.
</snip>

From: Michael Abramovich <mabram(at)balance.com.au>
<snip>
>But it should be added that using both sets of tags will still work in
>most browsers.
</snip>

Yes, that may be true, and that is why it was already given as a
solution to solve his problem.

<snip>
 >Lets not get too hung up on validation as the
>supreme function of web development.
</snip>

Even though I think it is very imperative to have your pages validate,
does not mean I was suggesting to the person in need that it is the
"supreme function" of web devolpment. I take pride in my work, as I
think most webmasters do. Follow the "guidelines and rules" and you
shall be rewarded in some fashion or another in the long run.

>(that should get the flames burning)

What's that saying? If the fire's too hot, get out of the kitchen?
lol....
I think I smell my chicken burning...... *G

Cindy Stanley