Re: Graphics Tablet

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:59:57 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: John E. Haste <johnh(at)conwaycorp.net>
>I've seen more than my share of the Wacom tablets in action...

And which one would you recommend? I am looking into purchasing the
Intuos 9x12 Serial Tablet PC Intuos Pen 4DMouse Painter Classic. Any
comments on this one, as opposed to the others that Wacom makes?

>The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks (IMHO).  Plus, the Wacom is a
serial
>device which means that if you have a PS/2 style mouse you can have
your
>favorite style mouse as well as the Wacom running at the same time.

Is a PS/2 just your average 2 button mouse?

>It's a VERY useful tool.  What I've used it for is capturing signatures
and
>it's extremely accurate on a good desktop machine.
>
>As for the mouse clicking with the Wacom, it's configurable via the
Control
>Panel.  You can set your double-click, right-click, left-click for
anything
>that you are comfortable with.

How hard are these graphics tablets to install?

TIA,
--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service