Re: Optimize graphics (was test page)

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 16 Feb 1999 01:10:46 -0500
 To:  "Graphics List" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Holly <Holly_Davis(at)bc.sympatico.ca>
>http://members.xoom.com/Raven_Bird/Pavilion2.html
>But could you guys give me some tips on how I can compact the larger
graphics without taking away from the image.  Is there a site
>on the net that will do this for JPG's?

Check out the online tools listed on my page below:
<http://pages.prodigy.net/stanleysupport/onlinetools.htm>
My preference is GifBot, for you can just mouseover the reduced and see
the original behind it, giving you that before and after effect
instantly.

>Also, when I look at the graphics and background in MIE 4.0 it's a lot
smoother than in NS 3.0.  Is there a way that I can make the
>graphics actually as smooth as it appears in Microsoft?

What color resolution are you viewing in? I know when viewing in 256
colors, there is a drastic difference the way IE handles images,
compared to NN. But, from what I have seen, when viewing in high color
16 bit or higher, I can't see a difference between the 2 browsers.

--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service