Re: Background of pic not fading in with background on page with IE and NS

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sun, 21 Mar 1999 14:59:01 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Asbjoern Mo <asmo(at)c2i.net>

>I have a page with background color 0099ff and then I made a logo with
a background color of 0099ff in psp 5.0.
>Now if i view the page in Opera 3.5 i can't see any diffrence between
bgcolor and the picture bgcolor but in IE4 and Netscpe 4 I
>see blue dots in the grapichs.  Best if you try your self.
>You can see an example here:
>
>http://home.c2i.net/asmo/worldtemplate.htm
>
>Why are there blue dots with IE and NS while Opera don't add it.

What resolution are you seeing the dots in? I am viewing in 256 colors
and do see the dots in IE4, but possibly wouldn't see the dots at a
higher color resolution. Same goes with NN4.05, which do not seem to
display graphics as well as IE4 does in 256 colors.

I would suggest for you to set the palette transparency to your bg
color, making the gif transparent, which should in turn get rid of your
dots.

--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service