Re: please comment on text color

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:25:00 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>In the past two days I've gotten five complaints about the color of the
text
>on one of my pages
>http://www.silverfantasy.com
>and tell me if the blue text is 'totally unreadable' as one of my
visitors
>stated today?

Well, taking into consideration of the accuracy of those five
particular's vision, it is very possible that you will get more than 5
complaints, out of the millions that surf the web. While the blue hex
code you chose is not "totally unreadable", it is a very hard eye strain
on the black bg you have. Possibly, if someone was surfing the web, in
the "light of the moon", it may not be so hard to read, but you must
consider those that *may not have good 'puter vision' (in relation to
poor night vision), and opt to go w/ either of the following hex codes,
for your shade of blue:

#0066FF
#0099FF

(Personally, I would go w/ a ligher or brighter shade of blue that you
have specified.)

Now, I bet you could get lots of different opinions, and possibly some
"backup notions" for the color you have originally selected, if you pass
this by the *critiques list*.

--
Cindy K. Stanley