Re: Amazing Jumping Graphics.

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:26:23 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: ICS Tech Dept. <icstech(at)integratedonline.com>
>I am having a small problem with some graphics that are jumping on me.
The
>site that is in question is http://www.integratedonline.com/techdept/
If
>you goto this web site you will see several red buttons using a java
script
>to change their colors.  Two of the buttons even though they are the
same
>size as the rest will jump into different places.  The buttons titled
>"contact us" and "technicians" are causing the problem.

Viewing in IE4 and NN4.05, I did not see what you described above. I
would advise you to put your width and height attributes into each of
your image tags, that way your image boxes, prior to the image loading,
will be proportionly set on the page and be a less strain on the browser
while downloading the images. A little graphic optimization on a couple
of the gifs would also benefit the download time.

--
Cindy K. Stanley