Fw: AOL Viewers needed for viewing jpeg bg

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:16:15 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The following message was a thread received on the basics list. I am in
need of any AOL users to check this page for me to tell me if they see
my background tiling, for the background image is a jpeg and is wider
than 640 pixels. I am not sure if the message posted by Donna was meant
for all jpegs or just for jpegs that are marked up in image tags. Also,
I am not sure if the image will only start retiling if viewing in less
than 640x480.
If Donna is correct, the only way to stop a bg from tiling for AOL
viewers is to use gifs?

TIA,
Cindy K. Stanley
<http://www.ssswebworks.com/aoljpeg.htm>