Re: engraving an image into stone

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:58:58 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Kevin Dail <kdail(at)advanix.net>
>I have a client who wishes her logo to look as if it had been cut into
>stone/marble. This is turning out to be more difficult than I had
expected.

>Can anyone give me some tips on how I might accomplish this? I have
>Illustrator 8, Fireworks 2, Photoshop 5 and many plugins.

You could accomplish this using a "cut-out effect". I am familiar how to
do this w/ PSP, but none of the above.

Here is a short tut for a PS cut-out effect for letters:
<http://www.aqa-d.se/pstips/specfx/cutout.htm>

I imagine you could incorporate this for working w/ an image instead
(depending on what the logo looks like). Other than that, if the logo is
online, send a url and let others take a gander at the image, which
might turn out some resolutions.

--
Cindy K. Stanley