Re: Problem with Images Coming Up in Netscape

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:20:49 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Mary Ann Chapman" <chapman(at)fanfarehouse.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Mary Ann Chapman <chapman(at)fanfarehouse.com>
>Can someone please look at http://www.grandpaints.com and tell me why
the
>images come up fine in IE but have to be reloaded several times and
>sometimes don't ever come up at all in Netscape 4.0?  Please email
direct -
>I'm on the digest.  Thanks.

Viewing in NN 4.02, the images appear as broken. Hate to say this, but
your code is in an awful mess, and this MAY be causing the problem (kind
of doubtful), among many others that you are not aware of yet.

First suggestion, change your DOCTYPE to HTML4.0 Transitional, or rework
your code so the document can validate and conform to HTML 3.2.

Run your page through a validator, such as one at
http://validator.w3.org/ . Correct the errors that come up and see if
your page displays properly.

It might also do some good to list your images with a full url, instead
of just the directory and filename they actually reside in. This is just
a big guess on my end ... maybe the underscore in your "grand_i" is
throwing things off in NN, for some reason? Possibly change the name of
your directory that you put your images in?

IE displays the images, by the way.

--
Cindy K. Stanley