Re: Creating Thumbnail Images

by "Cindy Stanley - Stanley Support Service" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:30:10 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: mcmahoe1(at)nationwide.com Ellen
>Is there a way to create thumbnails from a series of images and have
them
>all be the same size?

If all of them start out originally with the same size.

>but is there an 'automated'
>way to do it that will make each image the same size?

Take a look at All Thumbs, freeware (Win 95, 98, or NT):
"A simple interface lets you quickly select a single file or an entire
folder for conversion and lets you define filename case, adjust
brightness and contrast, set the size of thumbnails, designate the
output format (.bmp, .jpg, .pcx, or .tif), and adjust the sharpness and
gamma correction."

<http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=
0013H9>
(copy and paste due to email wrapping)

I used to use PSP to resize my images down to 100x100, individually,
until I found All Thumbs. All Thumbs produces a clearer, better quality
thumbnail then PSP did for me, and the file size stayed about the same.
But, like mentioned above, I *square off* alll my images first, put them
in a special folder, then open up All Thumbs, and convert the entire
folder of images to thumbnails. All Thumbs will do a new save and all
your filenames will be t_nameoforiginal.jpg, if you set your preferences
to that. It will not resave your originals, leaving them in tact for
other purposes. Good piece of freeware.

--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service