Re: Image Effects in Paint Shop Pro 5.03

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:43:22 -0400
 To:  "HWG GRAPHICS" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Villano, Paul <VillanoP(at)usachcs-emh1.army.mil>
>I've noticed that sometimes, images I'm using in Paint Shop Pro 5.03
allow
>me to use Image Effects (Buttonize, etc.) and sometimes those options
are
>grayed out and I can't use them.

>I was looking at a 256 color .gif,
>Anyhoo...The .jpegs (16 million colors) still offer only "buttonize"
>for PSP effects.

Paul,
You must have something *selected* within the graphic in order for you
to use the Image/Effects/Chisel, Cutout, Drop Shadow. Either use the
*magic wand* (on the left side of your screen) to select a part of the
graphic, or choose *Selections* at the top of your app. Once something
is selected, the others that have been grayed out are functional again.

--
Cindy K. Stanley, SSS
Stanley Support Service