Re: Photoshop

by "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>

 Date:  Thu, 7 Oct 1999 01:37:43 +0530
 To:  "Graphics [HWG]" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes, many suggestions.

First is to realise the potential of the software. It is not Windows
Paintbrush. You can do a lot of things with Photoshop itself without
any need of additional plug-ins. For example, the torn paper can be
achieved using the filters that Photoshop ships with.

Second is to dabble in Photoshop. The more you work with it, the more
comfortable you are going to feel in it and the more aware you're
going to become of it's capabilities.

Third is to take a look at (in no particular order) sites like
CoolType [1], Eye Design [2], Ultimate Photoshop [3], Photoshop
Professional [4], Andy's Art [5], WebStyle [6], Photoshop Guru [7],
Cyber Dome [8], Designs by Mark [9], The Pixel Foundry [10], and
others. Follow the links from the sites once you're done with one.

---

 [1] http://www.cooltype.com
 [2] http://www.adscape.com/eyedesign/photoshop/
 [3] http://www.ultimate-photoshop.com