Re: Slicing an image

by "Iztok Polanic" <iztokp(at)amis.net>

 Date:  Sat, 8 Jan 2000 15:04:21 +0100
 To:  "Tom Grenier" <tom(at)sqlman.com>,
<lavalier(at)erols.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hy!

Can I also use this tool for slicing one image into different frames?

Bye,

Iztok

>belle,
>
>A great little freeware utility is dicer
 http://www.ziplink.net/~shoestring/dicer01.htm ) -- it cuts up your image
and gives you the HTML to display it.

>I found it (probably) from this list -- and don't know how I lived without
it.  I often modify the HTML it produces -- the key here is not to break a
line at the end of a tag -- HTML likes to place a space if a tag ends a line
and this translates to a
>skip in the image.  Picture Dicer makes it's HTML so this does not happen.
>
>Tom
>
>lavalier(at)erols.com wrote:
>
>> Can someone direct me to or give me a detailed "how-to" on slicing up an
image then putting it back together seamlessly on a web page.  I assume this
is done with tables.  One of my goals is to place a large round image on a
site.  Thanks in advance.