Re: Graphics Program Question

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:47:20 -0800
 To:  "Debb Myers" <sillylilfilly(at)kscable.com>,
"HWG-Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Debb,

It seems most everyone else has recommended Paint Shop Pro... I'm not going
to counter that, because I, too, use and love PSP. I started using it with
version 3, way back when Photoshop was nearly $1000 to buy and prohibitively
confusing for a beginner. Both PSP and PS are up to version 7 now, and both
pack a boatload of features, very similar to each other. PSP has a slight
one-up over Photoshop in that PSP can open PSD files (but has some problems
with the v6/v7 format), whereas Photoshop cannot open PSP files (Paint Shop
Pro's native format). Both support layers, vectors, gradients, a whole suite
of color-correction features, etc... PSP also includes Animation Shop with
it, which is a fairly decent GIF/MNG/AVI animation program... Overall, I
would strongly recommend Paint Shop Pro for you. I think you'll love it. If
you have the opportunity to get a copy of Photoshop later, do that... it
never hurts to have both (I do), even though in 99% of all cases, you'll
likely just use one (and if you're like me, that one will be Paint Shop
Pro). I can't recommend it enough!

Kehvan

:: NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002 scanned this email prior to sending. It is free
:: of any known embedded or attached viruses, trojans, or internet worms.