Re: #1 out of 840 on Alta Vista-I'm flabbergasted -OFF TOPIC

by "Heather Peel" <heather(at)thenetnow.com>

 Date:  Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:09:43 -0400
 To:  "Lou Hall" <lhall1(at)midsouth.rr.com>,
"hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Could someone look at my source, my title, my keywords,
> etc. and give me some clue as to why this came up number
> one with these two key words, and for this particular day?
>
> Did I just hit the lottery?  Maybe a few comments will further
> our knowledge about search engines.

Lou,

You do have meta tags and the keywords "tarzan" and "jane" are repeated lots
on the page and in title....I guess that would be it.

I do have a question to others on the list about the form you have used with
some of your keywords your meta tag however.    You have used an underscore
to join words together such as:   "Tarzan_and_Jane"

Now, from what I had known about search engines, this is pretty useless.  In
order for someone to find your site using this, they would have to type in
exactly as you have, including the capitalization and underscores.   I would
have used "tarzan, jane, tarzan and jane" etc...  keeping it in lower case.
Possibly, for one or two very important keywords, I might use both upper and
lower case on the first letter.

Can anyone let me know if I'm off base with how I handle keywords?

Cool site Lou :-)

Heather