Re: Does anyone know?

by "Karin Ransdell" <kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:32:46 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics-digest(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Terri writes:

> I have not used the product but your task seems better suited to screen
> captures (assuming the application to be demo'd is ready) than to Flash,
> which would seem a bit daunting.

I agree with that.  Although it might seem kind of low-tech to those of us
who like to sail along technology's bleeding edge <g>, screen captures and
*user-driven*** slide show type presentations work well with demos.  Some
flash demos are done very well, others move at their pace, not the visitor's
and that can be frustrating.

We develop software and sophisticated apps, too, so we are constantly
building demos and have found that screen captures seem to work best for our
particular audience.  The production time and cost is also without compare,
unless you've got a flash whiz on staff who can just knock it out.  Even
then, you're working with... yep... screen captures.

And there's no rule that says screen capture demos have to be cheesy.  Given
the way the rest of your site looks, I'd say that's not going to be a
problem.  Very nice design.

/k