Re: Hardware Recommendations

by Dane Robison <dane(at)strategic-design.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:53:01 -0500
 To:  "HWG Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On 3/17/99 9:20 PM, Stephen K. Fisk <skfisk(at)iserv.net> wrote:

>I am planning to build a new computer later this year and would appreciate
>feedback on what features would make a PC a "dream machine" for Web design
>work.
>[snip]
>I want a solid system that is state-of-the-art so I would appreciate some
>advice in this area.

Sounds to me as though you're looking for a Macintosh and don't know it
yet.

If this is something you're open-minded about, we should probably go
off-list and discuss it. If, on the other hand, you're sold on the wintel
world, I'm sure others here will have plenty of input for you. Fact is,
with the Macs they're making today, you pretty much get a "dream machine"
right out of the box; there are plenty of add-ons if you want them, but
it's unlikely that you'll _need_ any.

Dane

dane(at)strategic-design.com           www.strategic-design.com

                        Dane Robison
                      Strategic Design
                        517-887-7685

Consulting, design & hosting services for the World Wide Web