Re: Converting Graphics

by Dane Robison <dane(at)strategic-design.com>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:33:00 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On 8/14/98 12:30 PM, Ray Williams <hrwill(at)inreach.com> wrote:

>When all else fails simply view the pic, do a screen capture and save
>the file in any format you like.
>
>DNYCE15(at)aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how I can convert a *.art file to a *.gif or *.jpg file?
>>
>> Donna
>> DNYCE15(at)aol.com

Sometimes, though, the problem is that you *cannot* open the image in the
first place, and therefore cannot capture it as described above. I work
on a Mac and use the shareware program GraphicConverter for cases where
Photoshop won't cooperate. GC is cheap ($35), flexible, hasn't much of a
learning curve, and will work with nearly any graphic format I've run
across.

The current version lists 77 (yes, 77!) different import image formats,
including ART. I'd strongly suggest checking it out.

HTH,
Dane