Re: Creating mouseover graphics

by "Collin Lim" <collinlim(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 05 Dec 1997 16:28:43 PST
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
There are many ways to make two layers of text images line up.  I'm
assuming/interpreting that you are talking about text images.

The easiest way is to zoom in close and use grids or guides to line up
the layers.

Another way is to create the first layer, position it, then duplicate
the layer by dragging it to the Duplicate icon on the bottom of the
Layer Palette.  That way the images would line up.  Then use
Image-Adjust to alter the color of the second layer.  This may not work
too well with images with many colors.

Did you know when you cut/copy and paste an image, Photoshop 4 pastes it
dead center on the canvas?  This might be another useful feature you can
use.

I'm sure there are other methods.  May be other List members can help.

Good luck.

-Collin