Re: New Page deisgner?

by dflem(at)ix.netcom.com

 Date:  Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:00:16 -0600 (CST)
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On 12/17/97 18:48:55 you wrote:

>At 08:55 AM 12/18/97, Taylor Ren wrote:
>>According to the latest (about 2 months ago) statistics, 50% of current
>>webpage designers are using Microsoft Frontpage, 30% using Notepad, 10%
>>using Netscape Composer and 10% other products.
>
>Do you know where I could find this survey?  I find it real hard to believe
>that 50% of all new web pages are written with invalid HTML...
>
>-B
>
>Bill Rhodes
>Eudora Web Team
>x16002   I-110G

Bill,

I have to agree with you on your comment. I do sometimes use FrontPage, if -
and only if, I am faced with a big typing job and its a straight forward
table or unordered list kind of page. Then I take the resultant code over to
HotDog or CMed and use the "replace" option. Then I validate the code.

The other possibility, which I also use sometimes, is to create a document
in Word, then use Keyview to convert to html. Then use CMed to "scrub" the
code.

I have yet to see anything out of Front Page that I would directly place in
a client web site.

Dan Fleming
Webmaster Services