Re: Buttons on a sidebar w/shadow

by "Collin Lim" <collinlim(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 05 Jan 1998 17:49:59 PST
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Judging by the quality of the images on your site, I take it you are
pretty good at whatever graphics program you're using.  I'll be brief on
the explanation.  Assuming you are using Photoshop 4.  Start the image
in RGB mode.  Instead of using brown texture as your image background,
use sa olid brown color.  Create the button the usual way.  Apply drop
shadow.  Now convert the image to Indexed mode.  Export the image using
GIF89a.  At that point, select the solid brown color as the transparent
color.  There you have it!

If you're using other graphics program, the process should be similar as
long as it supports layer.

-Collin