Re: graphics, gif size and color reduction

by "Kitiaria Uth Matar" <kitiaria(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:54:14 PST
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I have had tremendous success with gif wizard
http://useast.gifwizard.com/cgi-bin/nph-gifwiz?task=frontpage&lang=en&curr=us

sign in as a guest and browse either your hard drive for the image or
your site.  It just reduce the color count, but it gives you several
options as to how many colors it reduces.  They added on jpg options now
too but I have found that you are better off just increasing the
compression with whatever graphical program you are using for them.

>I haven't tried that particulaar program, but I got a similar reaction
out
>of the "Web Site Garage" program for reducing gif sizes. It's main
efforts
>increased the sizes.  I feel you are better off, as several discussion
>threads have indicated recently, paying attention to the number of
colors
>used and designing your images as tightly as possible in the first
place.
>Dan Fleming

---
Kit
(Kitiaria's World!) http://www.geocities.com/~kitiaria
(Average Joe's Honest HTML)

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your
destiny."