Re: backgrounds

by ryan_fischer(at)juno.com

 Date:  Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:49:27 -0500
 To:  PhillipsA2(at)cardiff.ac.uk
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org, klam1(at)usa.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:35:36 GMT0BST Alun Phillips
<PhillipsA2(at)cardiff.ac.uk> writes:
>Hi,
>I think your problem is an invalid Gif file. You are right, it does load
up with IE and not
>Netscape, but if you try to save the background image file in IE you are
given the option of
>beach.ART or beach.bmp even though you've got it called beach.gif. I'm
not sure what the ART
>extension is, but I downloaded and opened up beach.bmp fine. Try to save
it as a gif again and
>give it another go. Good luck!
>Alun.

FYI, AFAIK, *.art is an AOL format.  It is the format that all graphics
saved through AOL default to.  You can easily convert them (as you
pointed out) to a "better" format with a little thought...  HTH!  ;-)

-Ryan Fischer
ICQ UIN - 595003
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite
space were it not that I had bad dreams."