Re: neat split image URL for training

by "Collin Lim" <collinlim(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 08 May 1998 10:38:53 PDT
 To:  stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org, hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
The fast load time you observed at http://www.hoopla.com/ is due to the
fact that the four images were saved with 256 colors and probably
heavily optimized.  You'll notice that the quality is quite low when
viewed with high color.  May have something to do with a fast server
too.  It definitely has nothing to do with HTML technique.

-Collin

Hi Collin,
I visited the site that this original post was about, and I did see
something spectucular compared to the site of the url that you posted. I
am running on 33.6 modem, and have a Stealth II graphics accelerator,
4MB, and there was a big difference in load time between the two. I was
shocked to see that a photograph with many different colors would load
so much faster than the logo image that you have displayed on your url.
I am just learning about graphics, so dont take any offense to this. I
am curious to why this is?? Anyone have any input, please inform.
Thanks.

Cindy