Re: final touches

by "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:19:26 +0100 (BST)
 To:  blanc publishing - etc <editor(at)netwwworks.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Victor --

Well the first thing you have to consider is that the type of paper and
the weight will affect the way your poster is going to look when its
printed.

Regardless of how much ink is used -- the "look" of your piece when it
is produced is heavily dependant on your choice of stock. Personally I
would stick with the glossy paper for the image that you are using. And
be aware that ink blotters in general are guzzlers. Theres no easy
answer to saving ink.

Colors will print brighter on coated stock, and not as bright on
uncoated stock. Beware of your settings,  -- if done incorrectly color
shifts will result.

Also why are you using TIFF images in quark? -- EPS would be the better
choice and you should see your file size diminished.

Lisa