Re: Advice on designing graphics and mis-information

by "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Jun 1999 21:32:26 +0100 (BST)
 To:  Carol Geary <caroling(at)earthlink.net>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well Ive never seen anyone in a studio or service Bureau use bitmaps
(meaning files with a .bmp extension) for anything outside of low-end
projects.

.bmp meaning bitmap images as used by windows application mainly versus
the more generic bitmap versus vector image classification.

Most people discourage using that format for camera-ready art because
of the reasons I detailed in earlier post

If you want blurry graphics with ragged edges that dont always print
well -- enjoy.