Re: web design -- one Photoshop file with everything ???

by "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:41:34 +0100 (BST)
 To:  John Dowdell <jdowdell(at)macromedia.com>,
Graphics list <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi John -- glad to hear from you

As a matter of fact I do need to purchase Director 7 and the new
Dreamweaver Studio package with fireworks --- though I have no
intention of involving myself in this guy's mess. I was passed over in
spite of the fact that of anyone in the department -- I have a better
understanding of how to get the work done in a more efficient and
expedient manner. So I sit here communicating with you fine folks and
letting the "know-it-alls" sort out their own mess.

Im happy to have the tips though because I was wondering how anyone
would begin to sort that mess out.

Heres a macromedia question for you (I worship macromedia by the way
ROFL):

Currently I work in my studio at home with a Mac 9600 -- I have
Director Studio 6 and I do desperately want to upgrade to 7. But I am
also going to be buying a PC soon -- I just need to since other
applications like Cold Fusion can only run on a PC format and not the
Mac (tho I LOVE my mac). Considering the cost of Director
Im thinking Im better off doing the upgrade on the mac side but since
Im looking at the PC to have all the web development tools including
Dreamweaver Im kind of between a rock and a hard place. The Mac has
Director Studio 6, Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bryce 3-d and Ray
Dream Studio 5 amongst other things.

Mac is always the Graphic Designer/Production Artists tool of choice
but Mr. Gates pushes the envelope with the PC and unfort We Developers
have better tools on the PC side.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Lisa