RE: web design -- one Photoshop file with everything ???

by "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:57:46 +0100 (BST)
 To:  gazbe(at)omen.com.au,
"Hwg-Graphics@Hwg. Org" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Gary

Yes no one has all of the answers and its difficult to make what are
essentially judgement calls ----

I guess it depends on the resources a person has available to them and
the process that is works best for you.

But for the dilemma you described -- well you have no choice I guess,
but to put together a samle page of each layout and give it to the
client to make a choice.  Its no different for a print design project.
Give them three choices in the intended medium (where possible) and see
how it flies. Its a lot of work no matter what --------- but the
process for getting it done can make or break you. Unfortunately part
of whatever it is that one does with the web involves educating the
people that are supposed to be relying on your expertise -- if they
dont mind paying the fees for the time and labor that has to go into
producing mechanicals then so be it. Its part of the process.

Lisa