Re: engraving an image into stone

by "Katrina Lobbia" <klobbia(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:03:49 PDT
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually.... that page you linked to gives a long and roundabout way to
acomplish it...

In Photoshop 5, under the Layers Tab, there is a great little option called
"Inner Shadow" that creates the same exact effect. this can be used on the
edgoe of a simple layer, or even on text.

If you want to text to look like stone, then put an inner shadow on it, you
could select it, and fill it with the stone texture, then do the "Inner
Shadow" Technique, and this should accomplish it easily, I believe.

I'm currently working on a webpage for fun on the side that has alot of "Cut
out" effects.... a good example would be here:
http://www.floatingpencil.com/guild.htm
I used the inner shadow effect on the text on the right, and the drop shadow
on the text on the left, which gives it this neat "Cut out" look.

Hope this is helpfull.
BTW, Don't try any of the links on that page. Its still being developed, and
don't work yet.

Katrina