Re: Image Slicing in Image Styler

by "Sean Healy" <jalopeura(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:28:43 AKST
 To:  lonna(at)granbury.com,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I can think of two ways to do this off the top of my head:

1) Create an table with a border of 0.  Create a row with only one cell and
put your top image in that row.  Then create a row with two cells, and put
the side image in the first one.  Be sure to set the width to exactly the
pixel width of your side image.  Then put your text in the second cell.  The
edges of the images should meet (you may have to explicitly set
borderpadding and cellpadding to 0 in your table).  If it doesn't work, then
first create an outer table and set the bgcolor to the same as the
background color of your images.  Put one row with one cell in this table,
and in this cell put the same table as above.  Then set the bgcolor of the
text cell to the same as the background color of the rest of the page.  Then
the places where the images don't quite meet will be covered by the same
background color due to the outer table  (If you need help, I can send you
some code.)  This is somewhat awkward, but its advantage is that it's all
HTML.

2) The second way is easier, but requires some CSS.  Put your image in and
then just write your text, but use CSS to reposition your text from below
the image to up in the blank space within it.  (I can also send you some
code for this if you need it.)