Re: AOL .art files

by "Denise Sergent" <dsergent5(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 01 Mar 2000 00:26:51 PST
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi!

EVERYONE has said the same thing at one time or another... AOL does this
simply to save server space by compressing the files, so if you compress
them yourself, then AOL won't have a huge effect on them. As a rule, I
compress photos to .jpg's (Ulead has a wonderful program that helps control
the mode and compression quality.) Everything else should be a .gif - 200
colors or less if you can manage. Unfortunately, you must comply with AOL's
way of formatting for faster load time, etc., since they have such a MASSIVE
audience, you don't want to shut them out... that's just the way it is!

HTH,
Denise