Re: Restriction on Logo sizes?

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:13:47 -0800 (PST)
 To:  HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've spent far too much time studying the search-optimization of web
sites and the submission of same to search engines and directories. My
favorite sources are http://www.rankwrite.com &
http://www.searchengine.com (both corporate, of course).

BUT I have never seen any mention of search engines caring about logo
sizes. This is probably because I have never seen any search engines
that display logos of the companies they index. I can believe that some
search index, somewhere, hosts the logos of indexed companies, but it's
not one I've ever heard of, for what that's worth.

My suggestion is asking which search engine they're talking about, and
then seeing if it's even important.

A different line of attack on the whole problem: When working on
marketing and web materials, I have found it necessary to make versions
of our logo at all sizes and resolutions. Perhaps you should design a
company logo that looks good at all sorts of resolutions, including
very small, in which case you'd be covered if a search engine really
does require a logo of a certain size.

--- Cherie Haskins <catsmeow(at)bright.net> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have a potential client who has asked me to design a company logo.
> He
> insists there are certain restrictions or standards set by the Search
> Engines for logo size and look. I've never heard this before, but
> certainly don't know everything. Do you know if this exists? and if
> so,
> where do I find specific information on this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
>
>        Have a grateful day!
>
> Cherie' Haskins