Re: background graphic not displayed

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:27:58 -0800 (PST)
 To:  HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I second Sylvia: Some browsers don't support PNG yet.

I was surprised to find that Netscape 4.78/Mac  DID support your
graphic (it's a horizontal bar, orangy-yellow on the left and the rest
white).
Meanwhile, IE 5.0 SR 1  did NOT support the PNG. Earlier, I'd been
pleased to find that the IE docs that came with the browser actually
listed technology supported by IE 5/Mac. Supposedly, IE's Tasman
rendering engine supports PNG. Oh, well.

Waiting for PNG,
complex

(Whoops, I sent this first to Techniques by accident.)