Re:

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 6 Apr 1998 18:56:07 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
<bkelton(at)soundcom.net>,
"Jim Rosenfield" <jnr(at)insightweb.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> when I display the following in MSIE4 I get a nice gray box.  When I
> display is in netscape Communicator I get white, no block.  I thought
> Communicator was supposed to display table cell bgcolors.  Anyone know
the
> answer?

Sure . . . the closest color Netscape has to #EEEEEE is #FFFFFF. So it's
matching it as closely as it can.

The lightest grey Netscape will display is #CCCCCC.

You might want to try #DDDDDD. This should display as Netscapes lightest
grey - not as light as you wish, but not white - and it will be a tad
darker in IE, but not much.