Re: Photoshop vs. Paint Shop file preferences

by Chuck & Karen <calow(at)ils.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Mar 1998 17:53:51 -0500
 To:  Steve Bassler <bassmstr(at)westol.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Gary Broyhill <broyhill(at)lrc.edu>
  todo: View Thread, Original
While trying to reduce the file size of a background image today (a bmp
file of 3.5 mbs), I opened it in PSP and tried saving it AS a jpg, playing
around with different compressions and dpi to get the best mix of
compression and quality.  Every time I saved AS, the status in the lower
right hand corner continued to display a file size of 3.5 mgs! Not trusting
my eyes, I went into Windows Explorer and confirmed there that the file
sizes had in fact shrunk to between 25 and 15 kbs. That I could live with
(still tweaking them to shrink a bit more)

Karen :)