Re: Photoshop questions...

by Bob McClelland <moonraker(at)webart.u-net.com>

 Date:  Sat, 28 Mar 1998 13:17:07 +0000
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Do some of you guys not read the post? I sent the message below some days
ago, and since then there have been a few questions which are dealt with in
that post. All I would add is that, with regard to anti-aliasing, there is
an option in WP7 textart to choose what it calls 'smoothness'. By playing
with this feature you can make what I thought were acceptable gifs.

At 17:35 22/03/98 -0500, Jay wrote:
>I'd like an example and a little info on how you did it if possible.  Thanks

Have a look at

	http://www.webart.u-net.com/text/

and you will see two .gif files displayed. Although they are reasonably
sized 754 by 183) they are only 5-6K.

I made them by going into WP7, using its textart feature then, instead of
saving in the normal way, I used 'PUBLISH AS HTML' - this generates a file
called filename.html and a directory called filename.htg. This latter
contains img.gif and img1.gif.

I extract the gif files, delete the other stuff and then use the gif as
normal. I will often put the gifs in my normal graphics program to resize
etc, but in this case I have left them untouched, exactly as WP7 created
them. I will leave them there for a week, so if you want to download them
to experiment, feel free.

Hope this helps,

regards
BOB (McClelland)