photoshop printing

by Bob McClelland <moonraker(at)webart.u-net.com>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:21:28 +0100
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello all,

My original message on this topic has remained unanswered (by anyone). Does
this mean that you DO in fact have trouble with photoshop, and that I was
right all along? Further silence on this matter can only indicate the
affirmative!
Regards, BOB

original message follows:

At 10:43 23/04/98 -0700, Eric wrote:

>............................................... I've never had any trouble
>printing from Photoshop, except when I'm printing something several
hundred megs.............

Please Eric (or anyone else), tell me where I'm going wrong. This question
cropped up a few weeks ago, but no-one offered a solution. The problem is
that, if one scans a small image at, say 2600 dpi, (which is the standard
for 35mm slides) how does one print it out as an A4 image using Photoshop?
My understanding is that the only way is to resize it for printing to the
actual print size, which in this case, would be millions of megabytes. The
alternative is to change the resolution whilst resampling, but to what?
Either way its a mess! With PSP (just to give any example) one can print
preview, change the desired print size etc and get photographic quality
output very simply.......

Am I missing the point? Please tell!

Many thanks