Re: Photoshop vs. ImageReady

by Peter Williams <hendauto(at)ne.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 09 Jan 1999 10:24:54 +1100
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dan
The reason it seems to be a bit funny in the interface
is that it has a vector graphics sort of approach.
It is in some ways more akin to Freehand/Illustrator
than to Photoshop/Paintshop Pro.

It takes a bit of getting used to. I used the beta extensively.
And really liked it and became quite proficient with it.
Then it ran out and I went back to Micrografx Picture Publisher
and Paintshop Pro.
Finally I went and bought Fireworks after about a year,
and now like you I find it a bit weird and it takes me a while to
figure out how to do things the Fireworks way.

Peter.

At 09:15 8/01/99 -0500, Dan Gray typed frantically:
>Fireworks is indeed a cool tool, John.  I spent some time with it early
>on, however, and found the interface to be a bit complex.  I dig
>Fireworks, but I think it's too deep a program for the majority of
>users.  If you're a hardcore graphics junkie, it's very cool.

Peter Williams
hendauto(at)ne.com.au