Re: hwg-graphics-digest V1 #115

by Ali <ajardine(at)wiley.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 09 Mar 1998 10:16:32
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello all,

I am an editor of Technology journals, for a publisher in England (John
Wiley & Sons, Ltd). I deal with SGML (extensively unfortunately) and also
HTML, as my journals have home pages, but I don't get to play as these
pages are dictated by the company design as a whole (rightly).
I write internal documents in HTML, such as Help docs, and teaching aids;
in my spare time, I am practising as many aspect of Web-design as possible,
partly as it so very enjoyable, and partly because it is a very useful
skill  to have in Publishing.
I adore design, and have training in it. I want ideally to discover as much
about HTML as possible, in order to incorporate graphics into them in new
ways, that are not only great to look at, but functional also -- trying not
to forget that sites, no matter how beautifully designed, have to have
decent content too!!

I used to type HTML in text editor, and make graphics using Photoshop etc,
however I have just purchased Dreamweaver, and this will clearly take
months to work out!

This list has proved interesting and informative, and so I recently
subscribed to the techniques list too.

It is nice hearing everyone's comments on various topics, and hope that it
will continue in this vein!

Best wishes
Alison Jardine

>>Hi everyone!
>>
>>I'm having a major reality warp after talking to someone with a totally
>>different view of graphics list members. I assume that you are graphic
>>designer types or individuals who need special things due to being in a
>>graphics-related field. Specifically, I assume that because you discuss web
>>graphics, you have a home page with graphics needs. If this doesn't
>describe
>>you, can you write to the list, please?
>>--
>>Carol Geary, http://home.earthlink.net/~caroling