Re: jpg - unwanted border

by "Michael Zimmermann" <green(at)myna.com>

 Date:  Thu, 04 Dec 1997 07:37:46 -0500
 To:  Tori <webmaster(at)webdesignsrus.com>,
Michael Zimmermann <green(at)myna.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
you wouldn't by any chance have stock in their publishing company?  =)

I wasn't saying that the best place to learn about these things is here --
what i /was/ making a point on is that, typo or not, it's a good thing if
it's corrected, so that people don't learn the /wrong/ things here.

keep in mind that this is also a graphics forum.  those that are fluent in
graphics and related topics might not come across or even need to be
exposed to conventions dealing with protocols, or even the basics of HTML.

a note on books...
I've never read a book on HTML in my life, but i've been in the industry
for several years, and find that online resources are proabably the best
place to learn, because specific biases and mistakes are constantly being
found.  If someone puts something in a book saying that <font face="arial">
will display your page in arial (and i'm sure it's out there), then the
reader of that book gets one perspective, and only one.  If it's posted
here, i'm sure that many people will comment on and qualify the implications.

arguably, the net is full of ameteurs that will say black is white, but at
least when they do, there are enough others that will pipe up and give you
some salient advice and resources.

Green

At 07:24 AM 11/30/97 -0500, Tori wrote:

>Michael Zimmermann wrote:
>
>> true, but i'm sure that you've come across people that don't know...i think
>> it's probably better to point it out in case it wasn't a typo.  In any
>> case, there's always Joe Lurker who could pick up things... =)
>>
>> Green
>
>People that dont know that http requires a : and two // (forward slashes)
then
>I think they should start not here, but with a book called "HTML, the
>definitive guide,"  It will help them much more than spending the time in
this
>list... No offence anyone...  I dont mean to be offensive.. I am sorry if I
>sound like it.. but belive me I learend HTML CGI, JAVASCRIPT VBSCRIPT, all on
>my own, without taking any classes or having anyone to tutor or help me...

People that