Re: Photoshop .psd format darker?

by "Michael Zimmermann" <green(at)myna.com>

 Date:  Thu, 04 Dec 1997 16:32:13 -0500
 To:  Figment <cpowell1(at)mindspring.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Photoshop is a fairly complex program, and it's expected that it's going to
be used on any number of configurations.  i may want the screen to match
the capabilities of my printed image, instead, for example.

You can set the gamma levels and colour mixes under the
file/preferences/colours/monitors menu item (i can't remember exactly what
it's called)

similarily, if you do in-house printing, you've got the opportunity to set
specific changes to the colour separation amounts/ratios, eetc.

if you're just worried about the web, i suggest opening a large image (jpg
with lots of colours) up in your browser, and opening the same image in
photoshop.  do your adjustment, and you're done.

i'd suggest, however that you make sure that you're in 24-bit colour, even
if you've got to go down to 640x480, and even if you're usually at 16-bit,
etc.

hope this helps,
Green