Re: Creating mouseover graphics

by f u s i o n <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Fri, 05 Dec 1997 23:55:45 -0500
 To:  Ray Hatch <rhatch(at)edg.net>,
Zach Bagnall <bagnall(at)ihug.co.nz>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
While on a grassy hilltop in Northern Spain, surrounded by goats, Ray Hatch
wrote:
>Mr. Fusion,
>
>I suprized you consider that the easiest solution.  For someone working in
>mabye an 8pt font, you want them to use the selection and try to select the
>insides of a B, invert, fill, flatten...blah, blah. when all the have to do
>is simply create the same text in a different color and hide the layer
>before saving.  Give it a try.  Time is valuable you know.
>
>Ray
------

ok,ok,ok,ok, OK.. :) good gawd!

The problem arises when you account for the fact that Zach sounded like a
beginner to Photoshop.
If I asked for help and someone gave me a short-handed reply, I might get
it with a few tries, but if someone gave me a 1,2,3,4... type answer that
is long, as it was, I would be much more clear on how to achieve the effect
that I wanted.

I replied after I got three vague answers, and I had a
straight-to-the-point--BUT LONGER--answer. I thought I'd give a much
simpler, although long, and more effective answer (And teach a bit more
about basics [although you guys did the same, but were vague from a
beginner's point of view])

If I didn't really know what I was doing in the first place, and someone
said:

"..when all the have to do is simply create the same text in a different
color and hide the layer before saving."

(Someone wanna say what that little eye is for? =)

...I wouldn't be totally clear. Ahhh...never mind. I can explain this all day.

After all, how many of you went to a tutorial site and someone made it look
so easy, but you had to go somewhere else to figure out what the heck a
channel was? It's like they/you expect you/them to know.

My name is Brian, in case someone doesn't know. :)

As I said a few times before, maybe I'm just an idiot? Who knows?

b.j.

------