RE: Creating mouseover graphics

by "Michael Zimmermann" <green(at)myna.com>

 Date:  Sat, 06 Dec 1997 10:14:58 -0500
 To:  "bart(at)bgrafyx.com" <bart(at)bgrafyx.com>,
"'Michael Zimmermann'" <green(at)myna.com>,
Rudy Gomez <rudy(at)cyberangler.com>,
Zach Bagnall <bagnall(at)ihug.co.nz>
 Cc:  "hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:48 AM 12/6/97 -0500, B. Szyszka wrote:
>> If you've got text on a transparent layer (ie: when you view just that
>> layer, you see the text in colour, and a check background) then an
>> easy and quick way to float just the text i've found is the following.
>> Select the entire area (ctrl a)
>> hit the arrow key up and then down, effectively moving the selection
>> up and down one pixel ... the selection will 'shrink' to the
non-transparent
>> image (the text) and voila!
>
>There's a much quicker way. All you have to do is go to your 'Layers'
>palette, hold on to the Ctrl key (might be something different on
>Macs), and click on the layer you want to load the transparency
>from. That'll load the selection and the layer doesn't even have to
>be selected (highlighted in your Layers palette) for you to load it's
>transparency.

very good tip, bart, i jumped straight onto PS to try it out... is this
somehting new in PS4 or have i just overlooked it?

The way i described has a distinct advantage for me, however, because i
like using mouse as little as possible -- the keyboard is the only thing
you need to use, and the image ends up floating, so you can adjust the
transparency with the 1-0 keys...

Green

[ New personal site at http://www.myna.com/~tempest/green/ ]